Thursday 4 March 2010

Welcome post

Me fighting my first amatuer bout (im the tall one!)

Welcome to my strength and conditioning blog. My name is Michael, im 23 years old and live in England. Over the past year I have competed as an amateur boxer, training daily both to prepare myself for the sport and simply for the enjoyment I get from training hard. I originally started getting into shape about 3 years back after years of inactivity. Whilst I had no issue with my weight, I was very unfit and had spent too many of my teenage years drinking, smoking and eating rubbish food. Deciding I could no longer go on living such an unhealthy lifestyle I wanted to get myself into shape. I began by cutting out the crap food and drink and quitting the ciggarettes. After getting my diet and bad habits sorted I began to get myself into shape with the eventual goal of becoming a part of the sport I admired most which was boxing. Fast forward two years of hard work and I was in the best shape of my life and decided it was about time to seek out a boxing gym which I soon did. This was the start of a whole other journey which resulted in me training for and winning my first amatuer fight six months later. I continued to box until early this year when, after getting sidelined with an injury, I was forced to stop competing as a fighter. Whilst im not competing I have more time to work on my fitness and decided I would write a blog to help keep on top of the work I do as well as to post any information or articles of interest.

The aim of my blog is simply to document the work I do and to post any useful information for both fighters and those interested in the strength on conditioning of combat fighters or simply those who like to train hard and follow a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment