Tuesday 23 March 2010

Minute Drills!

For todays workout I did some minute drills. For those who have not heard of the term its basically another name for a circuit of exercises done back to back for a set time limit and for a number of rounds. I usually choose to do 6 exercises in each round, doing each exercise for 30 seconds, this makes each round 3 minutes in length. I then rest for 30 seconds before repeating the drill. You can change them up each time though and do them pretty much however you want, 2 minute rounds, 5 minute rounds, whatever you feel like. You make the workout based around your ability.

For todays minute drills I did the following....

30s of Burpees
30s of Mountain Climbers
30s of Jumping Jacks
30s of Squat Thrust (with push ups)
30s of Split Jumps
30s of Grasshoppers

x 5 ROUNDS (30s rest between rounds)


I usually make time to do a minute drill workout like this once a week although every week I'll mix up which exercises I use so the workout never gets repetitive. There are endless amounts of workouts you can create using the minute drill protocol and they are really useful for days when you want to workout at home without comprimising the intensity of your workout. 4-6 rounds of minute drills is usually more than enough and will give your whole body a great workout, oh yeah, and your heartrate will go through the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment